The Noble poet with his books
- Subject: Indian Miniature Painting – Rabindranath Tagore
- Paint Material: Opaque Watercolors
- Base Material: Stamp paper (unframed)
- Size: 8 in. wide X 12 in. tall (20 cms X 30.5 cms)
- Age: Modern Handmade Art
- Country of origin: India
- Free Shipping Worldwide & No hassle return
Make a statement with this striking portrait painting of the great Indian poet – Rabindranath Tagore.
Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941) was the greatest writer in modern Indian literature, Bengali poet, novelist, educator, and an early advocate of Independence for India. Tagaore won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1913. Two years later he was awarded the knighthood, but he surrendered it in 1919 as a protest against the Massacre of Amritsar, where British troops killed some 400 Indian demonstrators. Tagore’s influence over Gandhi and the founders of modern India was enormous, but his reputation in the West as a mystic has perhaps mislead his Western readers to ignore his role as a reformer and critic of colonialism.
Your decor will come alive with this art of the great Indian poet – Rabindranath Tagore. Buy it now.