Maharao Umed Singh's Jungle Shikar (Hunt)
- Subject: Rajasthani Miniature Painting
- Paint Material: Stone based Opaque Colors
- Base Material: Handmade Paper (unframed)
- Size: 15.5 in. wide X 10.5 in. tall (39.5 cms X 26.5 cms)
- Age: Modern Handmade Art
- Country of origin: India
- Free Shipping Worldwide & Hassle free return
You will get many compliments for your personal art collection with the addition of this rare Rajasthani artwork.
This extremely fine modern miniature is done on handmade paper with stone colors. It features Maharao Umed Singh of Kotah (Rajasthan) and his diwan hunting wild boar and wild buffalo in a dense forest while sitting on the elephants. As was the practice, the other nobles of the court are shown surrounding and driving the prey from all sides to enable the hunt.
This art is a replica theme of the 18th century Kotah artists who specialized in painting ravishingly coloristic hunting scenes that were among the liveliest and most compelling known. They are also very famous and rare to find now.
A busy painting indeed.....and full of adventure and history that will provide hours of viewing pleasure.