Maharaja Madho Singh
- Subject: Rajasthani Miniature Painting
- Paint Material: Opaque watercolors
- Base Material: Paper (unframed)
- Size: 6.5 in. wide X 10 in.tall (16.5 cms X 25.5 cms)
- Age: Modern Handmade Modern Art
- Country of origin: India
- Free Shipping Worldwide & Hassle free return
Your personal collection of Indian Miniatures will shine with this life like portrait of Maharaja Madho Singh.
This is a beautiful original handmade painting of the Maharaja who ruled state of Jaipur in the present-day Indian state of Rajasthan from 1751 to 1768.
The portrait artwork shows the Maharaja as an ideal king, loaded with jewels and arms, to indicate his wealth and strength, while holding a rose flower to suggest he was also sensitive and gentle. In a touch of realism, he is also shown as rather large in build. Supposedly he weighed nearly 500 lbs at time of his death.
This jewel-tone portrait features incredible finesse accomplished by the artists use of fine brushstrokes and color.
You'll not want to miss out on this gracious historical Rajasthani artwork. Buy it today.