The Ten Avatars of Vishnu
- Subject: Indian Religious Miniature Painting - Vishnu Avatar
- Paint Material: Opaque Watercolors
- Base Material: Stamp paper (unframed)
- Size: 8 in. wide X 12 in. tall (20 cms X 30.5 cms), each art
- Age: Modern Handmade Art
- Country of origin: India
- Free Shipping Worldwide & No hassle return
The world of miniatures is one that never ceases to fascinate. And when you see a suite of works that catch the discerning eye you know its worthy of scrutiny. Presenting a rare set of miniature paintings of all the ten avatars of Vishnu also known as Dashavatara.
Dashavatara refers to the ten avatars (incarnation or manifestation) of Vishnu, the Hindu god of preservation. Vishnu is said to descend in form of an avatar to restore cosmic order. The list of Dashavatara varies across sects and regions of India. The order of the avatars has been interpreted to be reflective of Darwinian evolution. The standard list is as follows:
- Matsya (the fish) Avatar - Fish that rescues Veda, plants and animals.
- Kurma (the tortoise) Avatar - Tortoise that supports the churn of the ocean to obtain treasures dissolved in the ocean of milk.
- Varaha (the boar) Avatar - Boar that raise the earth from the bottom of the sea.
- Narasimha (the man-lion) Avatar - Man-lion who defies classification and overpowers mortals who seek to outwit death.
- Vamana (the dwarf) Avatar - Dwarf who claims the sky from the gods and buries the demons in the underbelly of the earth.
- Parasurama (the angry Rama with an axe) Avatar - Priest who turns to violence to kill unrighteous kings and unchaste women.
- Rama (the perfect king of Ayodha) Avatar - King who uploads old rules at the cost of personal life.
- Krishna (the divine statesman) Avatar - Cowherd/charioteer/statesman who shrewdly changes rules.
- Buddha (the serene preacher) Avatar - A compassionate teacher who preached the path of ahimsa (non-violence).
- Kalki (meaning eternity / the mighty warrior) Avatar - The last incarnation of Vishnu who is expected to appear at the end of Kali Yuga, the time period in which we currently exist, to rid the world of the oppression of its unrighteous rulers.
Don't miss out on this amazing collection of all ten Vishnu Avatars in one set made exclusively available for you to inspire your decor or to add an ethnic touch to your cherished art collection. Hurry and buy now as it won't last long.
NOTE: You will get 10 separate pieces of artwork with this purchase.