Yamuna Devi – Goddess of Purification
- Subject: Indian Miniature Religious Painting
- Paint Material: Opaque Watercolors
- Base Material: Stamp paper (unframed)
- Size: 8 in. wide X 12 in. tall (20 cms X 30.5 cms)
- Age: Modern Handmade Art
- Country of origin: India
- Free Shipping Worldwide & No hassle return
Presenting a rare painting of Yamina Devi the Goddess of Purification.
Yamuna is a sacred river in Hinduism and the main tributary of the Ganges (Ganga), the holiest river of Hinduism. The river is worshiped as a Hindu goddess called Yamuna Devi. In the Vedas, Yamuna is known as Yami, while in later literature, she is called Kalindi. Yami is associated with her twin brother and partner Yama, the god of death. Later, she is associated with the god Krishna as one of his consorts and plays an important role in his early life as a river. Bathing and drinking Yamuna’s waters is regarded to remove sin.
Don’t miss out on this mesmerizing Hindu Goddess artwork of Yamuna Devi. Buy it today!
NOTE: Please note the folds and marks on the paper due to its age.